Little disjointed unconnected just “tossing thoughts out”, here:
1. I hate when I want to help someone, but it feels as if I can’t do enough, you know? I know I did everything I could, and I know it was appreciated, and I know it’s all I could do, given the logistics and timing and circumstances, and all those things; but, I can’t keep my heart from wishing it could have been more.
2. Got a call, Friday- my son was on a school field trip, with the band, and hurt himself jumping a barrier at an amusement park. He’s okay, but there was a tense 3 hour drive for me, Friday evening, to get him at the hospital, and another 3 back home. If asked, he says he learned an important lesson: “Jump higher.”
3. Got a call, a couple hours ago, from my brother back in Minnesota; my much beloved Aunt’s second husband died today. I’ll be flying back on Wednesday, for the interment and memorial service on Thursday.
4. Got told by someone extremely special to me, that I should put up a wall, to protect myself. Too late, I said- no rocks left around to build a wall with, and I don’t wanna, anyway. Funny, considering the name of this blog, and how often I make jokes about being a “rock”, or “rocklike”… but, I was struck by how little like a rock I feel, or want to be, anymore. huh.
5. We’re getting closer to going on a mission trip, which is at the end of June, to the Dominican Republic- and I’m excited, for it. I’ve been working with the youth from Church, that will be going- but, if anyone happens to think of a cure for insanity, which is newly defined as taking 16 teenagers overseas, please let me know!